a healthy Vegetable Siomai Recipe
The Vegetable Siomai recipe ingredients below are from the Regional Recipe Development Contest in connection with the 2012 Nutrition Month Celebration in cooperation with the National Nutrition Council XI.
- 1 pc. big carrot, Php 15.00
- 1 pc. big singkamas, Php 10.00
- 2 pcs. garlic cloves, Php 4.00
- 1 pc. onion, Php 5.00
- 1 bundle horse radish, Php 1.00
- 1 pc. whole egg, Php 6.00
- 1 pc. cornstarch, Php 3.00
- 1/2 tbsp salt, Php 1.00
- 1/2 tbsp pepper, Php 1.00
- 1/2 tbsp brown sugar, Php 1.00
- 2 pcs. big cabbage, Php 25.00
- 1 pck. oil, Php 1.00
- 1 pck. soy sauce, Php 1.00
- 1 pc spring onion, Php 2.00
- chili, Php 2.00
- lemon, Php 2.00
Total Php 80.00
For the filling:
- wash all the vegetables.
- grate carrots, singkamas and garlic.
- mince the onion ad horse radish.
- mix into bowl add egg and flour, salt, pepper to taste.
- set aside.
- blanch the cabbage. then use spoon for portioning the mixture into cabbage and wrap. using spring onion to tie and steam for 8 to 10 minutes.
For the sauce:
- mince the garlic and chili, set aside.
- heat the oil and sauce the garlic, add soy sauce and chili when the garlic is already brown. then serve.
Good for 6 servings.
National Nutrition Council XI