Part of the bread and pastry production class and scholarship I joined a few weeks ago introduced us to bake this quite sellable baking product cinnamon rolls, packed with roasted nuts, raisins. You can actually add some fruit variations if you like to suit your taste.
½ cup milk
½ cup sugar
½ tsp salt
¼ cup butter
½ cup lukewarm water
1 ½ tbsp. Active Dry yeast (Dissolve in lukewarm water with 1 tbsp sugar set aside for 5 minutes)
½ bread improver
3 cups plain flour (all purpose flour)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
- Dissolve the yeast in ½ cup of lukewarm water and add 1 tbsp. sugar rest for 5-10 min.
- Mix altogether flour, bread improver, salt, and sugar.
- Melt the butter and add into dry ingredients, together with the milk, eggs and yeast mixture, Mix until well blended, then transfer into floured area.
- Knead the mixture until smooth and elastic, then rest in buttered mixing bowl for 30 minutes until double in bulk.
- Punch down the dough, and roll into flat oval form, put the filling at the center and cover it by rolling until log shape form, then cut into pieces. And place into any baking pan like muffin molder/flat sheet, set aside in 10-20 minutes for proofing.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until done.
- Dissolve sugar and water in a small pan under low heat, brush on cinnamon rolls.
Combine and mix all together butter, sugar, raisins, cocoa powder and cinnamon powder until well blended
Credits: Mary An Malabarbas Gonzaga and Assumption College of Davao