Serving bite size portions of lemon tart is enjoyable, tangy flavors of sourness playing around with just the right amount of sweetness, I also learned to make lattice crusts made from left-over crust portions and use it as cover on top on open face lemon tarts. I didn’t know I had this thing in baking.
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter or shortening
1/3 cup water
- In a bowl, combine flour and salt.
- Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add water, a tablespoon at a time, until a ball of dough is formed.
- Roll out the dough to fit the pie molder/pie plate.
- Transfer dough to pie molder/pie plate and flute the edges decoratively. Set aside.
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
1 tsp vanilla
2 egg yolks
1 cup milk
1 tbsp butter
2 tbsp lemon peel zest or calamansi peel finely chopped
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients together and mix thoroughly until blended
- cook into double boiler or direct into very slow fire, and continue mixing until mixture becomes thick
Credits: Mary An Malabarbas Gonzaga and Assumption College of Davao