Perishable products such as fruits and vegetables handled improperly, failing to follow hygiene standards may result being spoiled and thrown away, this approach is very costly and is a waste of shopper’s money.
Fruits that seem to show slight molds and sometimes bruised does not simply mean it’s not good to eat, all you have to do is remove the affected part by cutting it away and saving the rest of the part safe for later consumption.
Fruits sourced from unknown origins can be life threatening, this could cause food poisoning if we do not know how it’s prepared. Thankfully, with the aid modern technology and innovation in fruit processing and preparation, keeping fruits fresh, juicy, flavorful all through out the year is possible.
Here are the fruit tips to follow below:
- When peeling apples and bananas, to keep them from browning soaked them in salt solution, or apply lemon juice on exposed parts to prevent browning.
- Keep away from direct sunlight, put at room temperature, a cool dry place is preferable.
- Contact and have a delivery of different fruit ranges, varieties from french fruit supplier wherever you are in the globe, guaranteed fresh!
- Order frozen fruit puree for safety and convenience, processed with state of the art technology, no messy food blending, processing mistakes, perfect for recipes on the go.
- Wash off excess liquids and keep dry with paper towels, if none, used newspapers will do.
- Putting all the fruits altogether in single basket will cause them to spoil faster, but if space is scarce, try putting a folded paper divider, this way it will prevent them from cross contaminating one another.
- Label with dates of purchase to keep track of its shelf life. Follow FIFO, LILO rule, First In, First Out, Last In, Last Out.
- Discard overripe fruits, keep unripe ones wrapped with newspaper.
- Store sliced, peeled fruits in an airtight container and keep them refrigerated.
These are the 9 tips to keep your fruits fresh and frozen with no life threatening food preservatives to worry about.