For the longest time, Mediterranean cuisine has been a favorite among healthy eaters!
It is not only for the brightly colored ingredients and flavorful preparation this cuisine has to offer but also because Mediterranean food has been found to be the healthiest among the various cuisines around the world. This is mainly because of the healthy oils and fresh ingredients used in food preparations from this region.
So, how about treating your loved ones, for whom you really care about, to a generous serving of healthy soul-food? Something which is high on fiber, loaded with good nutrients, and is pleasing to the eyes too… In fact, you will be surprised how fondly kids eat their bowl of this super-healthy salad!
This vegan preparation pairs really well with grilled vegetables or meats. So, you can have it ready a day before you have the barbeque party or for that matter, you can take it to your friend’s place, in case someone else is hosting one.
Turkish Kisir is really high on flavors that come from the decadent mix of fresh fruits and vegetables. You simply have to arrange the ingredients, whisk the salad dressing, mix it all, and you are good to go!
To blend/ whisk the oil-fruit juice salad dressing, we recommend you make use of a milk frother. This is a pretty handy tool that is great to whisk or blend salad dressings, eggs, frying batter, froth milk (of course), and whatnot! With so many uses, it sure is an important gadget to have in the kitchen. To make the selection easier for you, we found a list of the best milk frothers here, from which you can select the ones that fit in your budget.
Without wasting any more time, let’s see how you can prepare this amazing salad!
- Milk frother
- Chopping board
- Large and small bowl Ladle
- 1 cup bulgur wheat
- 2 cups hot boiling water
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup yellow bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup English cucumber, chopped
- ¼ cup red onion, peeled and chopped
- ½ teaspoon green chili, sliced
- ¼ cup spring onion, chopped
- ½ cup tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup pomegranate arils
- ½ cup fresh pomegranate juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil leaves, sliced
- Salt, to taste Black pepper powder, to taste
1. Boil the bulgur wheat in boiling water with added salt for about 5 to 10 minutes or until the wheat grain is almost cooked/ soft. Drain the wheat grain and keep it aside.
2. In a small bowl, add pomegranate juice, olive oil, lemon juice, cumin powder, salt, pepper, and mix it all using a fork or a milk frother. Keep it aside.
3. In a large bowl, add bulgur wheat and fluff it slightly with a fork.
4. Now, add red and yellow bell pepper, cucumber, red onion, spring onion, tomatoes, green chili, and mix it all well.
5. Now, drizzle dressing over salad and mix it all well.
6. Add pomegranate arils to the salad and garnish it with fresh basil.
7. Serve and enjoy!