Sweet potato fries is paired with spicy chicken
Appetizer Sweet Potato Fries Topped with Spicy Chicken is another follow-up set of Broccoli Pie Beef Tomato Filling.
- 6 pcs. prepared sweet potato bowl
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 350 grms. sliced chicken
- 320 grms. tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 400 grms. cooked red beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. crushed dried chilies
- 4 tbsp. sour cream or yogurt
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- shredded spring onion, for garnish
- cooking oil
- Soaked prepared sweet potato bowl in a cold water or chilled. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a pan and fry garlic, then add the chicken and fry gently until browned all over. Add the tomatoes, stock, beans and spices and season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer and seasoned for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While simmering, begin deep frying the prepared sweet potato until golden brown. Then drained the excess oil in a paper towel.
- Spoon the spicy chicken over the top of the fried potatoes. Add a dollop of sour cream or yogurt, scatter with some shredded spring onions and serve.
More photos right [here]
Sheryl F. Polinar
Macky G. Besana
Garry Yves S. Resurreccion
Francis Mark A. Pelayo
Glinda C. Galgo
National Nutrition Council XI