Korean Spicy Fried Chicken recipe is sweet, spicy, and savory, perfect for any occasion either an appetizer or main dish. It’s super quick and easy to make and super delicious. It’ll get your finger-licking good!
Unlike the Napa Kimchi Recipe that takes eons of preparation, coupled with three 3 separate ingredients and timely procedures. I’m glad we’d come up with another one to counter longer cooking hours.
Gladly, the Korean Spicy Fried Chicken did not disappoint. We have less ingredients to choose from and is within our reach, cooking does not have to be too fancy! We believe cooking less is more! not complicated, simple, and yet it packs and wallops a flavor.
Check out the recipe video below:
- boneless chicken, 250g, cut into bite sizes
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup potato starch
- 1 lemon cut in halves
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 3 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp Korean chili paste (Gochujang)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- toasted sesame seeds
- Korean chili powder
- 1 pc. onion leaves chopped
- Put cut bite-size chicken in a bowl.
- Pour in 1/4 tsp baking powder, 1 tsp soy sauce, 1 tsp ginger garlic paste, 1 tsp sesame oil.
- Mix and combine, marinate for 15 mins.
- Add 1 egg and mix, pour in 1 cup potato starch, and mix until chicken is fully covered and coated. Set aside
- A heat-up pot filled half with cooking oil in 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slowly place in chicken by piece, fry 2-3 mins until golden brown.
- Set aside to cool down in a bowl with a paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Squeeze in 1/2 lemon in a saucer, set aside.
- In a pa, in medium heat, pour in 1 tbsp oil, chopped garlic, saute until golden brown, add 3 tbsp water, 3 tbsp ketchup, 2 tbsp Korean chili paste (Gochujang), 2 tbsp honey, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tsp sesame oil, and mix well, bring to a light boil.
- Add remaining chicken and combine until fully covered.
- Turn off stove, sprinkle sesame seeds.
- Put in a bowl, sprinkle chili powder, toasted sesame seeds and chopped onion as toppings.