Imbao chowder soup recipe
A delectable seafood soup using shellfish Imbao or Imbaw stock, we call this – Imbao Chowder soup recipe it also falls under the International Fusion Cuisine category, in addition to desserts – Torrones De Dabaw.
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) olive oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped Spanish onion or white onion
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 2 tbsp. white coconut vinegar
- 3 lb (1.4 kg) Manila clams or littleneck imbaw
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) chopped fresh coriander
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- ½ cup fresh milk
- ½ cup all-purpose cream
- 1 cup seafood stock
- ½ tbsp. white sugar
- In large saucepan, cooked clams in a medium heat and set aside stock.
- On a separate sauce pan, heat half of the oil over medium heat; cook onion and pinch of the salt, stirring often, until translucent and softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add white coconut vinegar and bring to boil over high heat; stir in 1 cup (250 mL) seafood stock and return to boil.
- Add imbaw, garlic, parsley, coriander, pepper, white sugar and remaining ingredients bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until clams are open, 10 minutes. Uncover and simmer for 1 minute. Discard any unopened clams.
More photos right [here]
Sheryl F. Polinar
Macky G. Besana
Garry Yves S. Resurreccion
Francis Mark A. Pelayo
Glinda C. Galgo
National Nutrition Council XI