Broccoli Pie Beef Tomato Filling recipe
The University of Mindanao won 2nd Second Place under the International Fusion Cuisine recipe category with their main course showcase Broccoli Pie Beef Tomato Filling.
- ½ kl. ground beef
- 1/2 c. chopped onion
- 6 pcs. tomato chopped (peeled and seeded)
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 c tomato sauce
- 6 pcs. young corn
- 6 bunch of broccoli
- 6 cups cooked rice
- pinch asuete
- ¼ cup butter
- In a non-stick pan, sauté garlic and onion. Add ground beef, chili powder, salt, chopped tomato, tomato sauce and young corn.
- Cook over low heat for 15 minutes. Set aside.
- Deglaze cooked rice in the remaining sauce in the pan, add asuete to add color. Set aside.
- In a sauce pan, blanch the broccoli and drained. In a separate sauce pan, melt butter then add the blanched broccoli. Set aside.
- Begin assembling the cooked ingredients in a ramekin. Rice topped with the cooked ground beef and broccoli.
- Serve hot.
More photos of Broccoli Pie Beef Tomato Filling recipe right [here]
Sheryl F. Polinar
Macky G. Besana
Garry Yves S. Resurreccion
Francis Mark A. Pelayo
Glinda C. Galgo
National Nutrition Council XI